RSS Feed

Wee bit of nice news:

My story “Yeah, yeah it takes two” made the top 10 in The Glass Woman Prize.

(Please be kind and ignore my typo on the 3:AM page if you do click through!)
Advertisements

10 responses »

1. Yippee! I've failed to get anywhere with this prize several times, huge congrats to you, great story!

2. That's brilliant – and you've highlighted yet another prize I was ignorant of and can now be a failure at! I really love that story, too – it's so musical, maybe because I've just been writing poetry also, but it has rhythm and musicality (actually read bits out loud – for my own personal pleasure – no audience 'cept me) – it's good, really good and the speed pulls you in, thrashes you about like the tango and then chucks you out on your todd. Moving stuff. (Ha, no pun intended there)!

3. cool! well done! it's more than wee good news, it's great good news!the more you celebrate the more good things will come your way …

4. Thank you all for the kind words: )

5. Oh, and Rachel, I think it's a really lovely competition. The woman who runs it (Beate) set it up because she says " I want to help along the cause of women expressing themselves authentically and fearlessly and passionately. It has something to do with a contribution to justice and soul growing in the world. One of my ex-husbands once said that women don't support each other. I want to either change that or prove it wrong. This is my small gesture of changing the world."Which I think is super cool.

6. That is very cool – and touching. Thanks for that.

7. Cool prize and well done on making the top 10.

8. finally got around to reading "Yeah, yeah it takes two" (as I'm in the process of submitting to the next Glass woman prize), and am very touched by it … you capture the exact feeling of going out and not fitting in … very sad, but beautifully written.

9. Great stuff, well done!